Saturday, March 24, 2007

I miss you...

Maria, Katka, Carlos... where are you now my dear friends?...

I miss answering your most intimate questions about my love life in the middle of one of our tennis matches in illegal territories Maria...
I wonder these days what you are up to, at what stage of pregnancy you are and when I will be able to see you next.

I miss asking my most intimate questions about your love life in the middle of your special cooking sessions Katka...
I wonder these days how much your lovely little boy, Adam, must have grown since the last time you sent me his photos and whether I will finally be able to track your email address which I’ve recklessly lost as usual.

I miss being exposed to your most amusing questions about my love life and my making assumptions about the intricacies of yours dear Carlos...
I wonder whether you have already moved to Australia and whether I will be able to grab my teddy bear and walk straight into your room in the middle of the night ever again.

And you... I know where you are, what you are up to... But I will always continue to miss you no matter what.

I miss getting your amazing text messages in the middle our heated tennis matches with Maria and then rolling all over on the green grass with fantasies induced by your most seductive messages...

I miss the smiles and giggles you put on my face when I put down small remarks about us in our little purple notebook with Katka during yet another one of our convoluted ‘Managing Public Money’ classes...

I even miss the never-ending interrogations by Carlos as to whether it is you whom I am in love with at the times when I was most head over hills for you...

I miss my dearest friends just as much as I miss you.

Deniz
March 21st 2007
(on the plane to Madrid)

No comments: